by admin | May 31, 2016 10:56 am
To support the infrastructure needs required for new job opportunities created through economic development efforts.
Committee Chair: Paul Romano, O’Brien & Gere, Project Manager
Click Here to read more about our accomplishments and goals:
As our communities grow, the way our residents and visitors to the area travel through the county will change in order to foster economic development and support our desired quality of life. To achieve this, the committee has helped implement several initiatives to maximize resources and effectively create a sustainable plan to create a transportation infrastructure that meets the needs of our residents and visitors.
- Completion of ITS study – recommended priority corridors for deployment of smart technologies with goal of connecting all roadways within Oneida County
- Streamlined process for identifying municipal transportation projects related to local/regional connectivity, safety or critical corridors
- Formalized working relationship with SUNY Poly/MVCC Capstone Projects that align student planning and data gathering with county transportation projects
- Facilitated shared services agreement between The City of Utica and Herkimer-Oneida Counties Comprehensive Planning Program for a pavement conditions analysis
- Continue to identify strategies and processes that will maximize resources and support the development and successful implementation of a data-driven Long-Range Transportation Plan for Herkimer and Oneida Counties.
Alternatives to Automobiles
Source URL: http://vision2020oc.net/connectivity/
Copyright ©2021 Oneida County Vision 2020 unless otherwise noted.