by admin | May 31, 2016 10:56 am
To ensure the availability of consistent and reliable means of transportation for all residents and employees within Oneida County.
Committee Chair: Karen Korotzer, Oneida-Lewis ARC
Click Here to read more about our accomplishments and goals:
Oneida County is host to a diverse population of citizens with diverse needs and expectations. The Accessibility Committee examined current transportation uses and needs to enact positive change across travel experiences for drivers and non-drivers, including people with disabilities, high school students or limited English speakers. This committee has gathered data from targeted populations to inform transportation planning activities and projects, and support workforce needs.
- Employer survey data analyzed; employee survey developed and ready for implementation to identify current and desired use of alternative modes and transportation program/service needs
- Existing urban and rural walkability data gathered to inform pedestrian study based on existing and potential economic development opportunities
- Align transportation programs/services with workforce needs; identify gaps and strategies to address gaps
- Employee survey (transportation needs and interests)
- Identify priority ADA needs/challenges to inform pedestrian study and complete streets policy
Alternatives to Automobiles
Source URL: http://vision2020oc.net/accessibility/
Copyright ©2021 Oneida County Vision 2020 unless otherwise noted.